The cloud technology market is growing steadily and gaining new users every day. Leading business structures and government services are increasingly coming to understand the ease of use of cloud computing, and by the end of 2014 Russian business took 34th place in the world in terms of the introduction and use of cloud computing, the figure grew by 35% compared to the previous year. The bulk of consumers are fast-growing small and medium-sized businesses
Is Everything So Cloudy?
Like any other technology, this one has its pros and cons.
Advantages Of Cloud Computing:
- All information is available from any device, be it a PC, tablet, smartphone, etc. – connected to the internet. Here, and the plus is that the user is not tied to a specific workplace.
- Reducing the cost of purchasing expensive powerful computers, servers, there is no need to pay for the work of an IT specialist to maintain a local data center.
- The necessary tools for work are provided automatically by the web service.
- The high level of manufacturability of computing power, which is provided to the user, allows you to store, analyze and process data.
- Services are paid for only as needed, while payment is made only for the required package of services.
- Modern cloud computing can provide the highest reliability, moreover, only a small number of organizations can afford to maintain a full-fledged data center.
Disadvantages Of Cloud Technologies:
- To work with the “cloud” requires a constant internet connection.
- The user cannot always customize the software used for personal needs.
- To create your own “cloud” will require very high costs, which is not advisable for new enterprises.
- “Cloud” is a data warehouse that can be accessed by attackers using system vulnerabilities.
Leading IT companies and engineers have long engaged debate about the pros and cons of the use of cloud technologies . There were also cases of forecasting problems and loss of confidential data in the “clouds” due to the wide demand and influx of users. But experts still point out that the benefits and usability of cloud computing outweigh the potential risks.
The problems with the development of cloud technologies in Russia are quite simple. First of all, this is the imperfection of the legal framework. The second reason is the insufficient spread of broadband Internet access, both in the regions and in the central part.
The disadvantages of cloud technologies include some subjective reasons why a large number of enterprises are not ready to use cloud services. This includes mistrust of service providers, fear of using several services at once, and lack of standards that regulate this area.
Despite the disadvantages of cloud technologies and existing problems, they are already being used in Russia, and the prospects for their successful development are favorable.
Advanced information technologies today often play a major role in the success of an enterprise – the speed with which a business gives reactions to changes in the market must be the highest and outstrip competitors. Its profitability and success directly depends on this.
Therefore, the problems of cloud technologies are widely discussed and solved today. Experts argue that there are a number of tools and capabilities that will allow you to use the full power of cloud technologies, despite their shortcomings.
This is a lot of work, and not only for developers. The concept of cloud technologies is really important, as it can become a turning point in doing business and bring it to a completely new level, which means it can generate income not only for the management, but also for the state.